Care proceedings - WHN Solicitors

The need for specialist advice:

The Local Authority (Social Services) can begin care proceedings if they feel a child is not receiving proper care or is in immediate danger.

Care proceedings can be an extremely stressful and upsetting time for you and your family, which is why we will support you throughout the legal process. There could be a number of reasons why care proceedings need to take place, such as a request for family support from external sources (a teacher for instance); if a child (or children) is put in immediate danger because of an incident between adults; or if the police have been involved in an incident that may affect the safeguarding of a child (or children).

Our sensitive and sympathetic solicitors have extensive experience and sharp technical knowledge of child law and care proceedings. They are readily available to give you practical legal advice to ensure you feel comfortable and at ease with whatever situation is at hand.

Let our experience make yours that much easier:

Your dedicated child law solicitor will work diligently to ensure the best outcome for you and your children. We can advise on all aspects of child law including:

  • Child arrangements
  • Care proceedings
  • Child protection matters
  • Guardianship
  • Supervision orders
  • Emergency orders

When working through care proceedings, it’s important to note that you will be entitled to Legal Aid, whatever your financial position.

Our solicitors can assist you at any stage of the process and whatever the situation. We are here to support you and can explain court proceedings to you in detail, so you are aware of what will be involved from the outset. Our aim is provide you with as much support, guidance, and information as possible to ensure that an already difficult situation is not made more complicated.

Need expert advice? Let us help:

To discuss any aspect of care proceedings please contact: