Residence and contact - WHN Solicitors

The need for specialist advice:

It is up you and your partner to agree on the best arrangements for your children following divorce or separation.

Unfortunately, there are times when a solution cannot be found, which is why our specialist solicitors are here to help and offer family mediation. Whether you feel you’re having difficulty with your situation or not, it’s important to ensure that no problems arise and that court proceedings aren’t always necessary.

Let our experience make yours that much easier:

Deciding where your child should live and how often they will see each parent is known as ‘residence and contact’. Our team of expert family lawyers can advise you on all aspects of residence and contact law including:

  • Contact orders
  • Residence orders
  • Child maintenance
  • Contact and residence disputes

We always try to resolve any contact and residence issues without the need for formal proceedings. However, if you and your partner cannot reach an agreement, we will go to court to settle the arguments.

Certain situations, such as agreeing the level of child support or protecting your child from an abusive partner, will need to be decided by the court, and ultimately, it is their decision where children are best placed depending on their individual needs.

Need expert advice? Let us help:

To discuss contact and residence and family mediation please contact:

  • Tanya Magell and Karen Reid at our Blackburn office on 01254 272640
  • Katharine Marshall and Mark Taylor at our Bury office on 0161 761 4611
  • David Connor at our Rawtenstall office on 01706 225621
  • Louise Daniel at Haslingden Office 01706 213356