Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall has achieved a record turnover result 12 months since two of the region’s largest law firms merged.
Woodcocks, joined forces with East Lancashire solicitors, Haworth and Nuttall, in late 2012, to create new firm Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall.
The expanded firm has achieved sales of £5million in its first 12 months and has seen its head count pass the 100-employee mark.
Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall now has seven North West offices in Accrington, Bacup, Bury, Blackburn, Haslingden, Great Harwood and Rawtenstall, and senior figures at the firm are looking to create new jobs across the offices in the coming year.
David McCann, senior partner, said: “The integration of the firms has been a huge success. We knew from the outset both firms shared similar values and various teams have blended together seamlessly.
“The opportunity has always been about creating a firm that can offer greater reach and range of services to existing clients of both firms. We have achieved this while attracting new clients.”
Over recent years the legal industry has undergone a raft of changes including the introduction the Legal Services Act which allows non law firms to provide legal services and law firms to receive external investment.
Likewise, there are huge changes in the way legal cases are funded with cuts in Legal Aid.
David McCann added: “Make no mistake, the legal sector is in for some major changes and many traditional firms will struggle. However, the demand for high quality, value for money legal advice has never been higher and this is a space we believe we can excel in.
“Given our location and expertise we also feel we can provide a suitable alternative to larger, more expensive city centre firms.
“In the next 12 months we hope to expand our residential conveyancing, corporate commercial and dispute resolution departments which will bring about a number of new job opportunities”
The origins of Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall date back over 200 years. Woodcocks was founded in 1791 while Haworth and Nuttall first opened its doors in 1877.