Residence and contact

The need for specialist advice:

Divorce and relationship breakdowns can be extremely difficult for any children involved.

It is up you and your partner to agree on the best arrangements for your children following divorce or separation.

Unfortunately, there are times when a solution cannot be found – which is why our specialist solicitors are here to help.

Let our experience make yours that much easier:

Deciding where your child should live and how often they will see each parent is known as contact and residence. Our team of expert family lawyers can advise you on all aspects of contact and residence law including:

  • Contact orders
  • Residence orders
  • Child maintenance
  • Contact and residence disputes

We always try to resolve any contact and residence issues without the need for formal proceedings. However, if you and your partner cannot reach an agreement, we will go to court to settle the arguments.

Several issues will be of concern, such as agreeing the level of child support or protecting your child from an abusive partner and the court will decide where children are best placed depending on their individual needs.

Need expert advice? Let us help:

To discuss any aspect of this area of law please contact;

  • Tanya Magell and Karen Reid at our Blackburn office on 01254 272640
  • Emma Pike and Mark Taylor at our Bury office on 0161 761 4611
  • David Connor and Louise Daniel at our Rawtenstall office on 01706 225621