The need for specialist advice:
Disputes between commercial landlords and tenants commonly arise leading up to, and following the ending of a business lease.
This is a highly complex and extensive area of law, with major financial implications for all parties – so access to expert legal advice is vital.
Common grounds for the landlord terminating the lease include:
- The tenant’s failure to comply with repairing obligations
- Persistent delay in paying rent
- Other substantial breaches of the lease by the tenant
- Provision of suitable alternative accommodation by the landlord
- The landlord’s requirement to dispose of the premises
- The landlord’s intention to demolish or reconstruct the premises
- The landlord’s need to occupy the premises for business purposes
The tenant may oppose the grounds, which will mean the matter going to court where the outcome will be decided.
Let our experience make yours that much easier:
Whether you want to end or renew a lease, or if a dispute has already arisen, expert legal assistance is readily at hand from Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall.
Our experienced and approachable solicitors will provide you with specialist advice from a commercial perspective so that your business interests are comprehensively protected.
Need expert advice? Let us help:
To discuss any aspect of lease renewal and security of tenure please contact;
David McCann and Danny Long at our Bury office on 0161 761 4611