Public houses

The need for specialist advice:

Despite adverse publicity, a significant number of lucrative pubs continue to be purchased or rented.

Pub management involves very specific obligations and responsibilities – so expert advice is strongly recommended for anyone looking to enter the pub trade.

At Woodcocks Haworth and Nuttall we have the technical skills and resources to check leases and other documentation so you understand exactly what the brewer expects from you in terms of performance targets, and what alcoholic products you can, or cannot sell.

Let our experience make yours that much easier:

In order to trade as a public house you will also need a personal licence for the sale of alcohol, which can be obtained from the local authority following an official inspection.

In addition the pub itself needs a licence and, again, our specialist licensing lawyers can go through the details with you to ensure all requirements are met. If necessary, we can approach the local authority for permission to vary a licence.

Need expert advice? Let us help:

To discuss any aspect of public houses please contact;

  • Suzanne Gallagher and Nicola Phelps at our Blackburn office on 01254 272640
  • Gary Jones at our Bury office on 0161 761 4611
  • David Buskey at our Haslingden office on 01706 213356